Tuesday, June 12, 2012

I Love Music!






I don't play an instrument, although I always wanted to play the piano. I don't really sing, except for background in a choir. Nor do I read or write music. I just love to hear music. I love to hear the instruments, the beautiful voices, and the way that they all come together. I love all types of music, although I do have my favorites, which I will share in more detail.



I grew up in a family of music lovers. I have an Aunt that plays the keyboard; sister, brother, and cousins that sing; and a brother in law who is an awesome writer of music. My mom has always been an avid lover of music, and I can't re


member many times growing up when the radio, record player (back in the day :-) or CD player were not going in our house or car.


In growing up with a minister for a father, gospel was the primary music of choice in our house. I grew to absolutely love gospel music, and don't think that there is any music, that is more inspirational and motivating. Next would have to be R&B and Neo Soul, which kind of fall in similar categories. I can't get enough of songs about love, romance and just everyday life ups and downs. If the song is right, I can do Hip Hop, Country, Jazz, Rock, Opera, and just about any other genre out there. I like a lot of the new stuff, but when it comes to music, I am generally an old soul.  In my opinion, the artists seemed more like artist back in the day and took their craft more seriously than a lot of the performers that are popular today.



Because I love music so much, there are not many tasks that I don't complete without music playing in the background.  Here are some of my faves:

· I wake up to the song, Lord Help Me, Dave Hollister - I depend on the Lord's Help to make it through the day

· I get dressed to the song, It Just Gets Sweeter, Fred Hammond - Inspiration for my Blog Title

· I drive to work to Destiny, Fred Hammond - Every day I’m living to fulfill my Destiny

· I do my work usually to classic rock or jazz, Open Arms – Rachelle Ferrell – Very Soothing

· I work out to everything Zumba - It’s the most energizing & fun Latin inspired music that gets me moving

· I start my weekends to Friday Night (Just got Paid) – This song always gets me pumped for the weekend

· When I'm mad, it's Bust the Windows, Jazmine Sullivan – Depending on who I am mad at, it’s probably not the best song to listen to when you’re angry

· When I'm sad Brighter Day, Kirk Franklin – Always lifts my spirits

· When I'm happy it’s Happy,  Mary J Blige Or Moment in Time, Musiq Soulchild

· I cry to One Last Cry, Brian Mcknight

· I have romantic time with my husband to Never Felt this way, Brian McKnight

· When I’m grateful, I like Never Would Have Made It, Marvin Sapp



Music is timeless. I never get tired of hearing a good song, no matter how much time that goes past. These are just a few of the reasons that I love music so much and will always have it in my life.


.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you have different songs for different events. I can so relate . . .like I have to start every road trip with some U2. :)

    ReplyDelete